Here we go.
* I’m awake. Again. Tonight I actually planned to be awake. Why? Glad you asked.
* We have been so bored, and so broke for so very long (longest dry spell yet. Started in January) that I started grasping at straws a few months ago and threw Etsy on the table as a “why the hell not” option.
* I don’t care about being broke. Honest. I was born broke and it only bothers me now if it bothers my kids or the Hub. He…well he friggin hates it. So depressed. This pisses me off (by that I mean I am offended that anything should dare to hurt him) and so again…the etsy idea.
* Hub is a pro. Sure…I stand by him with a pit-bull-like tenacity but facts are facts. There’s a reason he hasn’t had work lately. Trust me…I fight myself daily not to spill it all here.
* I’m awake because I actually wanted my shop. I love making stuff. Simple as. I’d give it all away (I actually do give more than sell) if I had all the cash for all the supplies. So what started as me giving myself a crash course or three on promo, SEO, and the interwebs for his shop has become me pretty much runnin the whole show. It’s cool though. I kinda like it.
* I do not like my own human limitations. I am in fact in an all caps rage about it.
* Because frankly if my shop is working, my house is a damn wreck.
* I still believe very strongly in the importance of small business. I believe even more in treating people like humans. Before there was ever an etsy there was Hub. On his own. Figuring things out for himself. And killin it.
* He is not a fan of not having any clean socks. He’s becoming more vocal about it every day.
I’m up filling orders, responding to messages, and pulling through for all the things I’ve already committed to because while I agree that socks are important, I made some promises and I’ll not be a flake about them. The list of commitments is on the longish side. Small business is not adorable, rainbow that it is, but it’s important.
Maybe even as important as socks.
So I’m working through the night so that socks can once again make the top of the list.
I don’t even wear socks in the summer that shit is weird. But I do love that Hub.